Admission Enquiry

Contact Us


Admission Helpline -

1800-3000-8311 (Toll Free)


Frequently Asked Questions- International Students

What kind of visa do I need to be able to study in the IEC?

If you come from a “visa national” country, you will need a Student Visa to study in the IEC. In order to be successful in obtaining a General Student Visa you must show that you have:

  • Evidence of sufficient funds to pass a *maintenance test;
  • Your education documents (original certificate and transcripts) which have been used in order to obtain an offer from your chosen education establishment;
  • Evidence that you have been accepted on to the following:

A full-time Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Degree level courses or above in a Higher Education Institution (HEI).

Maintenance Test

  • For students on courses of less than 12 months, you will be expected to show that you hold sufficient funds to cover the full cost of your course fees plus 20,000/- per month for each month of the course up to a maximum of 12 months.
  • For students on courses of more than 12 months, you will be expected to show that you have sufficient funds to pay the first year of fees only plus approximately 40,000/- (outside India) to cover your first year in the IEC.

Can international Students study part time?

If you are a student outside India it will not normally be possible to study part- time in India. In order to get visa/entry clearance into India as a student, you have to enroll on a full-time course.

I am a refuge. What fees do I pay?

Even if you have been granted refugee status asylum seekers in India, you have to pay the fees as applicable on International students please contact the International Office for advice.

Do I have to pay an accommodation bond (deposit) ?

It is University policy that all students must pay an accommodation bond..For 2011 the bond is $ 200 and this is to cover any possible damage charges. If you want us to reserve your accommodation for you, you will be required to send the bond payment together with your completed accommodation application form by the end of July. If, at the end of your stay in this accommodation, there has been no damage to the accommodation, and you do not owe any fee to IEC University, the deposit of $ 200 will be refunded to you.

When should apply for a student visa ?

You should apply for your student visa after you have:

*accepted your place on a full-time course

*paid registration deposit, if applicable

*received an unconditional letter from IEC confirming that you have met all academic, English language and financial conditions

*applied for your accommodation and paid the accommodation bond

When should I make my travel arrangements?

We recommend that you wait until you receive your student visa before making your travel arrangements. The International Welfare Office will arrange to meet you at the corporate office for further necessary guidance.

Do I need medical insurance?

Yes, and you have to bring it from your native country.

Can I apply late?

A late application may be accepted if places are still available. However, we strongly advise you to apply as early as possible, as the application process can be quite time consuming for overseas students. It takes a lot of time to pay a deposit if needed, to prepare and apply for a student visa, as well as make your travel arrangements.

Do I have to pay all my fees as soon as I arrive?

You have to pay all your first year’s tuition fees  on enrolment.

When does the academic year start and finish?

Our academic year starts in August and finishes in June for undergraduate courses. Postgraduate students do not have a summer vacation. There are two breaks during the academic year (IEC University) of approximately15 days.

Do I need a visa to visit other countries?

If you would like to travel to other countries while you are studying in IEC, you may need a tourist visa. Please contact our International Welfare Officer, who will be happy to offer you guidance on this matter.

IEC is a wonderful Institution, an international heritage. It has the largest International student population, splendid Amphitheatres. The city centre, market place, shop sand stores are just a 10 minute walk away from the University.

General help and advice

Our team of foreign students’ adviser can help you with financial concerns, childcare, housing and accommodation, and other queries including legal matters. And our Overseas Student Welfare Officer can help you with issues like immigration, visas.

Counselling Services

If you need support during your time here, we offer both a face to face and telephone counseling service, which is all confidential.


If you are disabled, let us know. One of our student advisers will then contact you to assess your needs, and make sure you have everything you need when you start here.

Support for you

You will get lots of personal attention during the course as there are small class sizes, so we can give you all the help you need to achieve your best.

“I’ve learned so much during my Summer Training at EMC2. You can’t learn everything from a textbook.”