About The School
“WHERE ART & TECHNOLOGY MEET, ARCHITECTURE COMES INTO BEING. SO IF YOU ARE GOOD AT DRAWING, TECHNOLOGY INTERESTS YOU AND ARE INTRIGUED BY THE DESIGNS OF BUILDINGS, WE ARE SURE YOU’LL REALLY LOVE PURSUING THIS COURSE. SO THAT YOU MAKE THE MOST OF THIS CAREER. WE BRING YOU A SMALL GUIDE GIVING AN INSIGHT INTO THE PROFESSION AND THE PROGRAME OFFERED BY OUR UNIVERSITY. ALL WE WANT IS TO HELP YOU DECIDE IF THIS IS THE SUBJECT YOU REALLY WANT TO STUDY.”
Architecture is all about the art, science and business of designing buildings or other physical structures. Architects create homes, office towers, schools, hotels and other structures. They have a flair for design, keen business sense, strong engineering skills and an understanding of the law. They may practise alone or be part of a small, medium or large firm. Some Architects are self-employed. Others may be on salary, as employees of government, real estate developers or large corporations. Architects provide services to the people who they address as “clients”. A client may be a company, a family, a housing authority, a government department or a building contractor. What do Architects do? Architects design, draw, calculate and manage. Before constructing a building, architects draw a plan of the building. Sometimes they make a cardboard or plastic model of the building. They design on Computer aided software also. Architects prepare accurate construction and office budgets. They also have to understand structural analysis, heat loads, electrical distribution and traffic flow. They do feasibility studies and financial analysis for the project. Architects prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and select construction firms to do the work. Architects monitor the work as it happens to ensure it lives up to the client’s plans. During the construction phase, Architects manage contract administration, oversee drawings and specifications, handle problems that arise on the job site and monitor work in progress.
It gives me the immense pleasure to welcome you all to a place where the art of design amalgamates with the latest technology & the great architects are churned out with a strong creative instinct and a sound knowledge of technology. The Department of Architecture is rich in diversity and creativity. The educational experience at IEC is enriched and broadened by close interaction with the practicing leading architects and the best minds in the academia. Experiential learning opportunities are supported by our state-of-the-art facilities. Our world-class faculty bring both broad and deep intellectual diversity to our educational communities. We look forward to a busy and productive year of design innovation and intellectual excellence!
Dean, School of Architecture
* Approval Under Process And Course Will Start From The Session 2015-16.
The fast changing world economy has posed a challenge to the educational institutions to constantly revamp the discourse patterns. At IEC, we strive to gain a competitive edge in this arena. Having recognized the paradigm shift taking place in the management education to meet the aspiration of industry, we conduct the programs adding suitable values to the personality of students. In the Globalization era, when the corporate houses in business management and IT are expanding their wings all over the globe, need arises to produce quality pool which possesses the skill set required by the employers. Keeping this in mind, we at IEC initiated teaching methodology which works towards enhancing the skills of the students, so that they can be the best human resource to match the industry requirements.
To do so IEC has adopted latest techniques in teaching methods which includes case studies, practical exercises, corporate guest lectures to fill up the gap between industry and academics, group activities to teach them how to work in team, practical exercises, and individual counseling for addressing their issues related to academics etc. The use of electronic media like PowerPoint presentations, use of internet, e-learning, mobile learning the classrooms helps students to understand the concepts better. Our students are constantly encouraged to do projects, give presentations, visit industries and attend several guest sessions in addition to individual mentoring sessions with the faculties.
- Electronic Media
- Case Studies
- Group Activities
- Industrial Visit
- Individual Counselling
- Corporate Guest Lectures
- Mobile Learning
- Practical Exercise
- Interactive Learning
- Smart Classes
- Research Oriented Teaching
- Foreign University Exchange Programs
- Personality Development Sessions
- Pre Placement Trainings
- Architectural Engineer
- Architectural Historian/Journalist
- Art Director
- Building Contractor
- Building Inspector
- Building Researcher
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Set Designer
- Technical Illustrator
- Architectural Firms
- Resort Chains
- Town Planning Bureau
- Town Planning Bureau
- Private Consultancies
- Creative Director
Gulve Architect and Builder
N.D. Developers Pvt. Ltd
G.M. Arch Pvt Ltd
Rachna Architects and Interiors
Infrastructure & Facilities
Extensive Digital Library:
Over 30,000 books, 100 journals and magazines on different subjects. Beautifully designed and with a seating capacity to accommodate 200 students has cubicles for faculty and research students Has subsription to national & internationale-journals like IEEE/IEE, springer, ACM, ASCE Emrald Management Xtra through membership of INDEST Consortia of Indian Institute of Technology,Dehli. An active member of Developing Liabrary Network (DELNET) for resource sharing. Photocopying, scanning & printing services within the liabrary building.
250 Pentium IV workstations runnning on Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro, Linux and SCO Unix. All classrooms and offices equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line Classroom and conference room fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN. Computer lab with 600 system for common purpose. All departments using CAD and CAM. Separate computer lab for each school and department with specialised software.
- Multi- cuisine canteen
- Spread over an area of 10,000 square feet
- Can accommodate 400 students
- Modern cooking appliances
Hostel & Transportation:
- Off campus hostel for both boys & girls
- Pick & drop facility
- Fleet of 20 buses
Wi fi Enabled Campus & Modern Classroom:
Ours is a w ifi enabled campus enabling uninterrupted access to high speed internet 24*7.
- Modern classrooms.
- Outfitted with the latest technology
- Spacious classrooms
- Equipped with all the necessary presentation facilities and also have video conferencing facility.
- All classroom and offices are equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line.
- Every classroom and conference room is fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN . Lectures are typically augmentes by multimedia.
Research Papers by Faculty
Department of Computer Science & Applications
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “Proposed New Mechanism to Detect and Defend the Malicious Attackers in AODV”, ACSIJ Advances in Computer Science: an International Journal, Volume 2, 2013 – May 2013 Issue, No. 201, (pg 1-6), ISSN : 2322-5157(Iran).
- Neetu Kawatra and Vijay Kumar “EFFECT OF PAUSE TIME AND NODES MOBILTY SPEED ON AODV AND DSR IN MANET”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 10, October-2012, ISSN 2229-5518 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, Ashwani Kush “EFFECT OF MALICIOUS NODES ON AODV IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research ISSN 2278-733X, Vol. 1 Issue 3 October 2012.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “WORM SECURE PROTOCOL FOR WORMHOLE PROTECTION IN AODV ROUTING PROTOCOL”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975–8887) Volume 44 – No.4, April 2012 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “DETECTION AND RECOVERY OF MALICIOUS NODE IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering , Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2012, ISSN: 2277 128X. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “A NEW SCHEME FOR SECURED ON DEMAND ROUTING”, International Institute for Science, Technology and Education ( IISTE), Network and Complex Systems ISSN 2224-610X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0603 (Online) Vol 2, No.2, 2012. (USA)
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, “BEHAVIORAL STUDY OF DYNAMIC ROUTING PROTOCOLS FOR MANET”, International Journal of Computing and Business Research ISSN (Online): 2229-6166, Volume 2 Issue 2, May 2011 (India).
- Vijay Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, “ANANYTICAL EVALUATION OF PROTOCOLS AODV AND DSR”, JM International Journal of Information Technology, ISSN 2229-6115, Jan 2011. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “CHARACTERISTICS OF DSR AND AODV IN CONGESTED NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Advances in Modeling, Optimization and computing” held on 5-7 December,2011, at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee India, ISBN 81-86224-71-2.
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma and Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “KEY AUTHENTICATION FOR MANET SECURITY” in an International Conference on “High Performance Architecture & Grid Computing” held on 19-20 July, 2011 at Chitkara University, Punjab. A. Mantri et al. (Eds.): HPAGC 2011, CCIS 169, pp. 504–511, 2011 © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush published a paper titled, “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE AND BANDWIDTH ON MANET ROUTING”, Statistics 2011 Canada, 5th Canadian Conference in Applied Statistics, July 1-4, 2011 Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “EVALUATION OF SECURITY CONCERNS OF MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Reliability Infocom Technology and Optimization” from 1st November 2010 to 3rd November 2010 at Lingaya’s University, Faridabad.
- Vijay Kumar, Amita Sharma (MCA 4th Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Introduction of Digital Signal, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF MOBILITY AREA ON MANET” in National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Computer Industry” on 10th March 2012 at Sanatan Dharma College (Lahore) Ambala Cantt. (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF NODE TRANSMISSION RANGE ON MANET ROUTING” ” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Neetu Kawatra, Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “ Analysis of E-Commerce Security Protocols SSL and SET” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE ON MANET ROUTING” in National Conference on “Mathematics and Computing RTMC’ 11” on 21st May 2011 at The Technology Institute of Textile & Sciences Bhiwani, (Haryana).
- Bharat Bhushan and Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “NETWORK SIMULATORS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “PROSPECTUS OF IT: 2020” from 14 September 2010 to 15 September, 2010 at Hindu Girls College, Jagadhari (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “MANET SECURITY ANALYSIS” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “Emerging Trends In Information Technology” August 28th, 2010 at DOABA College, Jalandhar (Punjab).
- Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “A REVIEW OF ADHOC NETWORK SECURITY PROTOCOLS”, in a National Conference from 25th June to 26th June, 2010 at Vaish College of Engineering, Rohtak.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology & Statistical Analysis in Collaboration with IBM”, at Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradub – Uttranchal, 21st to 23rd June 2012.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Network Simulation using NS2”, at Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Kochi – Kerla, 26th to 28th April 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)”, at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pardesh, 12th to 13th Febuary 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Wireless Networks & NS2 Training”, at Meenakshi College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 3rd to 4th December, 2010.
- Attended Short Course on “OFDM Based Next Generation Wireless Standards”, at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pardesh, 17th to 19th May, 2010.
- Attended National Workshop on “Emerging Machine Learning Techniques In Bioinformatics”, at National Diary Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana, 17th to 19th December, 2009.
School of Business Management
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Paper Published in Indian Journal of Management Science (ISSN: 2249-0280, EISSN: 2231-279X, Impact Factor (GIF): 0.376) on “Ground breaking actions in the organizations” in Jan. 2014, Volume IV, Issue– 1.
- Paper Presented in National Seminar on Gender Sensitization on Legal Rights of Women on Topic “Domestic Brutality: Wickedness” held in GMN (PG) College, Ambala Cantt on 26-27th March 2010.
- Paper Presented in National Conference on Service Management NCSM’ 09 on Topic “E-Commerce & Service Industry: Next of Kin” held in Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management & Technology, Jagadhri on 9th May 2009.
- Participated in two day Workshop on Alternative Therapies- Yoga and Naturopathy for Complete Health held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 19th to 20th April. 2008.
- Participated in International Seminar on 1857 in Literary Imagination (UGC Sponsored) held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 22nd to 24th Dec. 2007.
Research Papers by Students
- Amita Sharma (MCA 4th Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Introduction of Digital Signal, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Vikas Verma and Ashish Chaudhary (BCA 2nd Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Social Networking Security, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Sagar P.Shete and Virender (BCA 2nd Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “Cryptography”, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Gaurav Tiwari and Aman (BCA 2nd Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “Cyber Crime”, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).