About The School
Fashion Design runs the gamut from evening-wear to sportswear, women’s wear to kids wear and knitwear. Students are asked to choose their area of interest and sharpen their creative ideas. Students are also introduced to various historic fashion and art movements as reference and to put into perspective how they influence contemporary fashion. This is the very reason why fashion houses, designer labels, luxury brands, apparel retail brands and ready-to-wear fashion industries seek our students.
• To help students to understand design fundamental, elements and principles of design. • To teach different aspects of pattern making, draping, fitting & grading • To impart knowledge traditional designs and application of motifs on different textiles. • To impart knowledge for Fashion CAD • To enable students to understand fabric structures and manufacturing techniques • To provide students with the knowledge of textile science and yarn properties.
School Of Art & Fashion seeks to prepare well educated & highly skilled design professionals in the field of Fashion & Art.
It offers an under graduate course in fashion Designing (BFD) & has industry based infrastructure with well equipped laboratories & modern facilities. The school imparts fashion education emphasizing on industry specific curriculum.
It frequently organizes educational visits to crafts fair, exhibitions and Textile Industries like Winsome, Vardhman Textiles & guest lectures by famous well learned academicians offering their services in prestigious fashion colleges.
Recently fashion week was organized where students were dressed in various themes for different days concluded by Grand Finale including fashion show judged by famous Chandigarh based designers.
Eligibility for Admission: Minimum aggregate of 45% or equivalent in 10+2 in any stream from a recognized Board.
This Under Graduate fashion design course builds a strong foundation in terms of design sense, conceptualization, independent research, creative application and individual artistic expression.
The fast changing world economy has posed a challenge to the educational institutions to constantly revamp the discourse patterns. At IEC, we strive to gain a competitive edge in this arena. Having recognized the paradigm shift taking place in the management education to meet the aspiration of industry, we conduct the programs adding suitable values to the personality of students. In the Globalization era, when the corporate houses in business management and IT are expanding their wings all over the globe, need arises to produce quality pool which possesses the skill set required by the employers. Keeping this in mind, we at IEC initiated teaching methodology which works towards enhancing the skills of the students, so that they can be the best human resource to match the industry requirements. To do so IEC has adopted latest techniques in teaching methods which includes case studies, practical exercises, corporate guest lectures to fill up the gap between industry and academics, group activities to teach them how to work in team, practical exercises, and individual counseling for addressing their issues related to academics etc. The use of electronic media like PowerPoint presentations, use of internet, e-learning, mobile learning the classrooms helps students to understand the concepts better. Our students are constantly encouraged to do projects, give presentations, visit industries and attend several guest sessions in addition to individual mentoring sessions with the faculties.
- Electronic Media
- Case Studies
- Group Activities
- Industrial Visit
- Individual Counselling
- Corporate Guest Lectures
- Mobile Learning
- Practical Exercise
- Interactive Learning
- Smart Classes
- Research Oriented Teaching
- Designer/Assistant Designer
- Pattern Designer
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Fashion Stylists & Coordinators
- Apparel Production Manager
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor. Associate Professor And Professor.
Companies for placements:
- Ritu Kumar
- Manish Arora
- Rohit Bal
- JJ Valaya
- Tarun Tahiliani
- Ashish N Soni
- Rohit Gandhi & Rahul Khanna
- Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Shantanu & Nikhil
- Purple Panda
- United Colors of Benetton
- Reliance Retail
- ITC Wills Lifestyle etc.
- Orient Craft Ltd
SEMESTER - I –
Introduction to fashion designing - Traditional Textiles - Concept of fashion - Fundamental of computers - Professional Communication - Portfolio-I
PRACTICAL - Basics of Designing and Illustration - Traditional Textiles Lab - Computer lab - General Proficiency
SEMESTER - II
- Sewing Technique - Garment Construction - Fabric construction - Environment Science and technology - English - Portfolio-II
PRACTICAL - Sewing Technique Lab - Garment construction Lab - Fabric construction Lab - General Proficiency
SEMESTER - III
-History of Indian costumes - Indian textiles and embroidery - Fashion Clothing and psychology - Knitting Technique - Textile Science-I - Portfolio-III
PRACTICAL - Indian textiles and embroidery Lab - Knitting Technique Lab - Textile Science-I Lab
SEMESTER - IV
- Apparel Manufacturing Technique - Computer aided designing - Pattern making and grading – Fashion Merchandising - Textile sciences - II - Portfolio - IV
PRACTICAL - Computer aided designing Lab - Pattern making and grading Lab - Textile sciences - II Lab
History of costumes-product promotion & development-fashion marketing
PRACTICAL -fashion presentation lab- portfolio development- innovative garment construction lab- fashion cad II lab
PRACTICAL - survey & project- final portfolio
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING/INTERNSHIP- To expose the students to prevalent commercial and industrial practices and reinforce theoretical knowledge with practical experience. The module also focuses on developing students’ ability to work as an effective member of a team and to understand the pressures of a fast moving industry.
The studio, workshop and labs become a bridge to the learning and realizing the design ideas. In IEC, the delivery of teaching and learning extends extensively to various labs/studios and workshops, as students are encouraged to come out with workable solutions/ concepts/ models/ prototypes.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF LAB-
This lab is equipped with industrial sewing machines which makes it look like a mini factory. We have all the equipment necessary to construct a garment. When students practice in this sewing lab they use the industrial sewing machines to practice what they have learned from the theory classes. . The machines that the students use in the lab are exactly the same types of machines used in the industry.
The list of the electric sewing machines we have comprises of:-
- Single Needle Lockstitch Machine,
- Double Needle Lockstitch Machine,
- Blind Stitch Machine,
- Over Lock Machine,
- Hand Stitch Machine,
- Flat Lock Machine,
- Button Sewing Machine,
- Button Hole Machine,
- Interlock Machine,
- Dirt Spotting Machine,
- Fabric Cutting Machines With Varied Blades, Etc
how to construct garment details or a garment and explain to them how they can affect design decisions and how they relate to garment quality. Graduates from this program are often employed as technical designers, sample makers, quality controllers, merchandisers, store managers and much more, so all these jobs are normally related to product development and the fashion merchandise cycle between garment manufacturer and the consumer. IEC students are well known of their technical skill in garment constructions, in technical design.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF LAB
The lab is equipped with:-
- Apple computers installed with latest software's corel Draw, Photoshop, Flash, Digital Fashion Pro
- Digitizer used for illustrations
- L.E.D for projection
IMPORTANCE OF F.CAD LAB
The students learn to draw croque’s, fashion illustrations, technical drawing like tech packs, spec sheets with computer aided designing which will prove to be beneficial for making portfolio which is an important part of the curriculum to fetch a good job in this advanced textile industry.
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- FASHION SHOW/ FASHION WEEK
- Industrial Visit to Vardhman Textiles, Baddi
- Industrial Visit to Winsome Textiles, Baddi
- Visit to Punjab University-UIFT
- Visit to Textile exhibition- Silk Fabrics
- Visit to fashion fair- FASHION TRENDS at Kisan Bhawan, Chandigarh
- Visit to National Crafts & Fashion Trends at Kalagram, Panchkula
- INTERNSHIP/ INDUSTRY PROJECT WITH A FASHION DESIGNER
Students were able to visualize and relate to the fabrics and embroidery's of India been taught to them in class. They could distinguish between each fabric and the varied crafts and their origin, stitches, weaving or the making, etc. Different artisans from different locations with their extensive & skilled art pieces had come together to exhibit their beautiful work on one platform.
Research Papers by Faculty
Department of Computer Science & Applications
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “Proposed New Mechanism to Detect and Defend the Malicious Attackers in AODV”, ACSIJ Advances in Computer Science: an International Journal, Volume 2, 2013 – May 2013 Issue, No. 201, (pg 1-6), ISSN : 2322-5157(Iran).
- Neetu Kawatra and Vijay Kumar “EFFECT OF PAUSE TIME AND NODES MOBILTY SPEED ON AODV AND DSR IN MANET”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 10, October-2012, ISSN 2229-5518 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, Ashwani Kush “EFFECT OF MALICIOUS NODES ON AODV IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research ISSN 2278-733X, Vol. 1 Issue 3 October 2012.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “WORM SECURE PROTOCOL FOR WORMHOLE PROTECTION IN AODV ROUTING PROTOCOL”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975–8887) Volume 44 – No.4, April 2012 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “DETECTION AND RECOVERY OF MALICIOUS NODE IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering , Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2012, ISSN: 2277 128X. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “A NEW SCHEME FOR SECURED ON DEMAND ROUTING”, International Institute for Science, Technology and Education ( IISTE), Network and Complex Systems ISSN 2224-610X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0603 (Online) Vol 2, No.2, 2012. (USA)
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, “BEHAVIORAL STUDY OF DYNAMIC ROUTING PROTOCOLS FOR MANET”, International Journal of Computing and Business Research ISSN (Online): 2229-6166, Volume 2 Issue 2, May 2011 (India).
- Vijay Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, “ANANYTICAL EVALUATION OF PROTOCOLS AODV AND DSR”, JM International Journal of Information Technology, ISSN 2229-6115, Jan 2011. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “CHARACTERISTICS OF DSR AND AODV IN CONGESTED NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Advances in Modeling, Optimization and computing” held on 5-7 December,2011, at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee India, ISBN 81-86224-71-2.
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma and Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “KEY AUTHENTICATION FOR MANET SECURITY” in an International Conference on “High Performance Architecture & Grid Computing” held on 19-20 July, 2011 at Chitkara University, Punjab. A. Mantri et al. (Eds.): HPAGC 2011, CCIS 169, pp. 504–511, 2011 © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush published a paper titled, “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE AND BANDWIDTH ON MANET ROUTING”, Statistics 2011 Canada, 5th Canadian Conference in Applied Statistics, July 1-4, 2011 Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “EVALUATION OF SECURITY CONCERNS OF MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Reliability Infocom Technology and Optimization” from 1st November 2010 to 3rd November 2010 at Lingaya’s University, Faridabad.
- Vijay Kumar, Amita Sharma (MCA 4th Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Introduction of Digital Signal, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF MOBILITY AREA ON MANET” in National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Computer Industry” on 10th March 2012 at Sanatan Dharma College (Lahore) Ambala Cantt. (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF NODE TRANSMISSION RANGE ON MANET ROUTING” ” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Neetu Kawatra, Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “ Analysis of E-Commerce Security Protocols SSL and SET” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE ON MANET ROUTING” in National Conference on “Mathematics and Computing RTMC’ 11” on 21st May 2011 at The Technology Institute of Textile & Sciences Bhiwani, (Haryana).
- Bharat Bhushan and Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “NETWORK SIMULATORS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “PROSPECTUS OF IT: 2020” from 14 September 2010 to 15 September, 2010 at Hindu Girls College, Jagadhari (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “MANET SECURITY ANALYSIS” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “Emerging Trends In Information Technology” August 28th, 2010 at DOABA College, Jalandhar (Punjab).
- Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “A REVIEW OF ADHOC NETWORK SECURITY PROTOCOLS”, in a National Conference from 25th June to 26th June, 2010 at Vaish College of Engineering, Rohtak.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology & Statistical Analysis in Collaboration with IBM”, at Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradub – Uttranchal, 21st to 23rd June 2012.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Network Simulation using NS2”, at Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Kochi – Kerla, 26th to 28th April 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)”, at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pardesh, 12th to 13th Febuary 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Wireless Networks & NS2 Training”, at Meenakshi College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 3rd to 4th December, 2010.
- Attended Short Course on “OFDM Based Next Generation Wireless Standards”, at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pardesh, 17th to 19th May, 2010.
- Attended National Workshop on “Emerging Machine Learning Techniques In Bioinformatics”, at National Diary Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana, 17th to 19th December, 2009.
School of Business Management
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Paper Published in Indian Journal of Management Science (ISSN: 2249-0280, EISSN: 2231-279X, Impact Factor (GIF): 0.376) on “Ground breaking actions in the organizations” in Jan. 2014, Volume IV, Issue– 1.
- Paper Presented in National Seminar on Gender Sensitization on Legal Rights of Women on Topic “Domestic Brutality: Wickedness” held in GMN (PG) College, Ambala Cantt on 26-27th March 2010.
- Paper Presented in National Conference on Service Management NCSM’ 09 on Topic “E-Commerce & Service Industry: Next of Kin” held in Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management & Technology, Jagadhri on 9th May 2009.
- Participated in two day Workshop on Alternative Therapies- Yoga and Naturopathy for Complete Health held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 19th to 20th April. 2008.
- Participated in International Seminar on 1857 in Literary Imagination (UGC Sponsored) held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 22nd to 24th Dec. 2007.
Research Papers by Students
- Amita Sharma (MCA 4th Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Introduction of Digital Signal, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Vikas Verma and Ashish Chaudhary (BCA 2nd Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Social Networking Security, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Sagar P.Shete and Virender (BCA 2nd Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “Cryptography”, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Gaurav Tiwari and Aman (BCA 2nd Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “Cyber Crime”, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).