About The School
IEC School of Computer Applications offers full-time courses like BCA, MCA and Doctorate program in the field top university for mca.It is one of the best universites for computer science in North India, Including job oriented, value based quality education. Here students will be well acquainted with the subjects like Micro Computer Systems and Software Development along with a solid foundation in principles of computing and developing and managing information systems. The curriculum has been structured to provide in-depth knowledge of theory and hands on understanding of technology, developing them into competent IT professionals.
Our school has been gaining reputation for being a top university for BCA and other computer science courses. This is partly due to our highly qualified and experienced faculty, Apart from this IEC School Of Computer Applications has excellent vital and support facilities to aid learning. The School has state-of-the-art computing facilities and provides students with active industry interaction so that they can get a feel of how industry actually works.Industrial visits are a part of our academic environment. The school conducts seminars, conferences and workshops to keep students updated with new technologies and to develop their interpersonal and professional skills.The degree courses at the IEC School of Computer Applications help students to be thorough in their computer science knowledge and equip them to face the IT industry confidently.
With the plethora of job opportunities available and the ever- increasing demand for IT professionals, BCA and MCA courses have not had better career prospects in recent times. Students aspiring to take up a career in IT, should consider computer application degrees in IEC School of Computer Applications, one of the best colleges for BCA and MCA in India.
The School of Computer Application runs fill time BCA & MCA program. The courses are updated from time-to-time to keep up with the ever evolving IT field. Both programs offer a unique blend of teaching, research and hands-on service that strengthens your ability to solve problems, work independently as well as a team and think critically. It’s this hands-on experience that really sets our School apart. Both the programs are designed to give students the necessary global competence. Our faculty members enjoy a high reputation for its research & teaching and the state-of-the-art facilities ensures that students have access to all the latest tools that enables them to learn tha latest technologies required to be successful in today’s highly competitive IT industry. I encourage you to visit our campus to learn more about exiciting opportunities available in the School of Computer Applicaion.
Dean, School of Computer Applications
List of Computer Degree Courses
IEC University offers both bachelor as well as master degree courses in computer applications. Below are all the details about our university degrees in computer applications.
BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Applications)
Bachelors of Computer Applications (BCA) are a 3 yr (six semesters) undergraduate course offered at IEC School of Computer Application. Students from Science as well as Commerce stream can opt for this course. The BCA course will train the students in the subjects related to Information Technology and computer science.
The BCA course will provide an opening for countless job opportunities in the software industry and various IT-based industries.
Students who want to pursue higher studies can go for the Master’s in Computer Applications course which is also offered at the IEC School of Computer Application.
MCA ( Master’s in Computer Applications)
The Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) offered at IEC School of Computer Application is a 3 yr postgraduate course. The course provides more specialized training and equips students to work as programmers, system analysts and managers in IT industries.
IEC School of Computer Applications aims to produce the best of IT professionals and the BCA and MCA courses are designed according to the requirements of today’s industry.
MSc-CS (Master of Science in Computer Science)
The Masters in Computer Science (MSc-CS) offered at IEC School of Computer Application is a 2 yr postgraduate course. The course provides more specialized training and equips students to work as programmers, system analysts and managers in IT industries.
IEC School of Computer Applications aims to produce the best of IT professionals and the BCA, MCA and MSc-CS courses are designed according to the requirements of today’s industry.
There are many exciting jobs opportunities for MSc qualified students can find jobs easily in government and private sector, software development, database management, designing application on both web and mobile, etc This specialization will help find better jobs in that respective fields.
The fast changing world economy has posed a challenge to the educational institutions to constantly revamp the discourse patterns. At IEC, we strive to gain a competitive edge in this arena. Having recognized the paradigm shift taking place in the management education to meet the aspiration of industry, we conduct the programs adding suitable values to the personality of students. In the Globalization era, when the corporate houses in business management and IT are expanding their wings all over the globe, need arises to produce quality pool which possesses the skill set required by the employers. Keeping this in mind, we at IEC initiated teaching methodology which works towards enhancing the skills of the students, so that they can be the best human resource to match the industry requirements. To do so IEC has adopted latest techniques in teaching methods which includes case studies, practical exercises, corporate guest lectures to fill up the gap between industry and academics, group activities to teach them how to work in team, practical exercises, and individual counseling for addressing their issues related to academics etc. The use of electronic media like PowerPoint presentations, use of internet, e-learning, mobile learning the classrooms helps students to understand the concepts better. Our students are constantly encouraged to do projects, give presentations, visit industries and attend several guest sessions in addition to individual mentoring sessions with the faculties.
- Electronic Media
- Case Studies
- Group Activities
- Industrial Visit
- Individual Counselling
- Corporate Guest Lectures
- Mobile Learning
- Practical Exercise
- Interactive Learning
- Smart Classes
- Research Oriented Teaching
The IT sector is growing by leaps and bounds and its scope is ever widening with the requirement of information technology professionals. The future looks bright and promising for graduates in computer sciences and information technology and job opportunities after BCA ,MSc-CS and MCA are immense. Students pursuing computer science careers can easily find employment in the software industry or in a host of IT-based industries like science, technology, business, finance and, health to mention just a few fields. With the use of advanced technology in almost every aspect of life today, the demand for IT professionals will only keep growing.
Keeping this in mind, IEC School of Computer Applications, prepares its students to become competent professionals with comprehensive courses in computer science and computer applications.
Nothing helps more than defining your career direction while you are in college. Being aware of the various types of jobs available in the market is certainly a positive step to take toward a well-planned future. It makes sense to understand BCA and MCA career prospects even as they are immense in the current markets
Here’s a list of some jobs you can get after BCA and MCA. Take a look at companies that could be your future employers!
Computer Science Careers
Programming and Software Development
- Systems Analyst
- Systems consultant
- Software Engineer
- Systems programmer
Information Systems Operation and Management
- Electronic data processing (EDP) auditor
- Database administrator
- Systems administrator
Telecommunications and Networking
- Network engineer/consultant
- Network administrator
Computer Science Research
- Computer science professor
- Data miner
Infrastructure & Facilities
Extensive Digital Library:
Over 30,000 books, 100 journals and magazines on different subjects. Beautifully designed and with a seating capacity to accommodate 200 students has cubicles for faculty and research students Has subsription to national & internationale-journals like IEEE/IEE, springer, ACM, ASCE Emrald Management Xtra through membership of INDEST Consortia of Indian Institute of Technology,Dehli. An active member of Developing Liabrary Network (DELNET) for resource sharing. Photocopying, scanning & printing services within the liabrary building.
250 Pentium IV workstations runnning on Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro, Linux and SCO Unix. All classrooms and offices equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line Classroom and conference room fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN. Computer lab with 600 system for common purpose. All departments using CAD and CAM. Separate computer lab for each school and department with specialised software.
- Multi- cuisine canteen
- Spread over an area of 10,000 square feet
- Can accommodate 400 students
- Modern cooking appliances
Hostel & Transportation:
- Off campus hostel for both boys & girls
- Pick & drop facility
- Fleet of 20 buses
Wifi Enabled Campus & Modern Classroom:
Ours is a wifi enabled campus enabling uninterrupted access to high speed internet 24*7.
- Modern classrooms.
- Outfitted with the latest technology
- Spacious classrooms
- Equipped with all the necessary presentation facilities and also have video conferencing facility.
- All classroom and offices are equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line.
- Every classroom and conference room is fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN . Lectures are typically augmentes by multimedia.
IEC School of Computer Science & Applications Faculties Bio-Data
|Basic Profile||Detailed Profile|
|1||Deepak Kumar Vearma||Assistance Professor||M.Tech , Ph.D||Click Here||Click Here|
|2||Mr Randeep Poonia||Assistance Professor||M.Tech ,MCA||Click Here||Click Here|
|3||Mr Rohit Chaudhry||Assistance Professor||M.Tech , B.Tech||Click Here||Click Here|
|4||Ms Divya Uppal||Assistance Professor||M.Tech , B.Tech||Click Here||Click Here|
|5||Ms Nidhi||Assistance Professor||M. E , B.Tech||Click Here||Click Here|
|6||Amit Kumar||Assistance Professor||MCA , Ph.D||Click Here||Click Here|
|7||Anup Kushwah||Assistance Professor||M.Tech||Click Here||Click Here|
Research Papers by Faculty
Department of Computer Science & Applications
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “Proposed New Mechanism to Detect and Defend the Malicious Attackers in AODV”, ACSIJ Advances in Computer Science: an International Journal, Volume 2, 2013 – May 2013 Issue, No. 201, (pg 1-6), ISSN : 2322-5157(Iran).
- Neetu Kawatra and Vijay Kumar “EFFECT OF PAUSE TIME AND NODES MOBILTY SPEED ON AODV AND DSR IN MANET”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 10, October-2012, ISSN 2229-5518 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, Ashwani Kush “EFFECT OF MALICIOUS NODES ON AODV IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research ISSN 2278-733X, Vol. 1 Issue 3 October 2012.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “WORM SECURE PROTOCOL FOR WORMHOLE PROTECTION IN AODV ROUTING PROTOCOL”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975–8887) Volume 44 – No.4, April 2012 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “DETECTION AND RECOVERY OF MALICIOUS NODE IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering , Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2012, ISSN: 2277 128X. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “A NEW SCHEME FOR SECURED ON DEMAND ROUTING”, International Institute for Science, Technology and Education ( IISTE), Network and Complex Systems ISSN 2224-610X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0603 (Online) Vol 2, No.2, 2012. (USA)
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, “BEHAVIORAL STUDY OF DYNAMIC ROUTING PROTOCOLS FOR MANET”, International Journal of Computing and Business Research ISSN (Online): 2229-6166, Volume 2 Issue 2, May 2011 (India).
- Vijay Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, “ANANYTICAL EVALUATION OF PROTOCOLS AODV AND DSR”, JM International Journal of Information Technology, ISSN 2229-6115, Jan 2011. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “CHARACTERISTICS OF DSR AND AODV IN CONGESTED NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Advances in Modeling, Optimization and computing” held on 5-7 December,2011, at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee India, ISBN 81-86224-71-2.
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma and Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “KEY AUTHENTICATION FOR MANET SECURITY” in an International Conference on “High Performance Architecture & Grid Computing” held on 19-20 July, 2011 at Chitkara University, Punjab. A. Mantri et al. (Eds.): HPAGC 2011, CCIS 169, pp. 504–511, 2011 © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush published a paper titled, “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE AND BANDWIDTH ON MANET ROUTING”, Statistics 2011 Canada, 5th Canadian Conference in Applied Statistics, July 1-4, 2011 Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “EVALUATION OF SECURITY CONCERNS OF MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Reliability Infocom Technology and Optimization” from 1st November 2010 to 3rd November 2010 at Lingaya’s University, Faridabad.
- Vijay Kumar, Amita Sharma (MCA 4th Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Introduction of Digital Signal, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF MOBILITY AREA ON MANET” in National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Computer Industry” on 10th March 2012 at Sanatan Dharma College (Lahore) Ambala Cantt. (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF NODE TRANSMISSION RANGE ON MANET ROUTING” ” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Neetu Kawatra, Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “ Analysis of E-Commerce Security Protocols SSL and SET” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE ON MANET ROUTING” in National Conference on “Mathematics and Computing RTMC’ 11” on 21st May 2011 at The Technology Institute of Textile & Sciences Bhiwani, (Haryana).
- Bharat Bhushan and Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “NETWORK SIMULATORS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “PROSPECTUS OF IT: 2020” from 14 September 2010 to 15 September, 2010 at Hindu Girls College, Jagadhari (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “MANET SECURITY ANALYSIS” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “Emerging Trends In Information Technology” August 28th, 2010 at DOABA College, Jalandhar (Punjab).
- Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “A REVIEW OF ADHOC NETWORK SECURITY PROTOCOLS”, in a National Conference from 25th June to 26th June, 2010 at Vaish College of Engineering, Rohtak.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology & Statistical Analysis in Collaboration with IBM”, at Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradub – Uttranchal, 21st to 23rd June 2012.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Network Simulation using NS2”, at Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Kochi – Kerla, 26th to 28th April 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)”, at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pardesh, 12th to 13th Febuary 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Wireless Networks & NS2 Training”, at Meenakshi College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 3rd to 4th December, 2010.
- Attended Short Course on “OFDM Based Next Generation Wireless Standards”, at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pardesh, 17th to 19th May, 2010.
- Attended National Workshop on “Emerging Machine Learning Techniques In Bioinformatics”, at National Diary Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana, 17th to 19th December, 2009.
School of Business Management
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Paper Published in Indian Journal of Management Science (ISSN: 2249-0280, EISSN: 2231-279X, Impact Factor (GIF): 0.376) on “Ground breaking actions in the organizations” in Jan. 2014, Volume IV, Issue– 1.
- Paper Presented in National Seminar on Gender Sensitization on Legal Rights of Women on Topic “Domestic Brutality: Wickedness” held in GMN (PG) College, Ambala Cantt on 26-27th March 2010.
- Paper Presented in National Conference on Service Management NCSM’ 09 on Topic “E-Commerce & Service Industry: Next of Kin” held in Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management & Technology, Jagadhri on 9th May 2009.
- Participated in two day Workshop on Alternative Therapies- Yoga and Naturopathy for Complete Health held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 19th to 20th April. 2008.
- Participated in International Seminar on 1857 in Literary Imagination (UGC Sponsored) held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 22nd to 24th Dec. 2007.