Best Engineering College in Himachal Pradesh India
The aim of IEC School of Engineering is to facilitate “ Quality Engineering & Technical Education ” to equip and enrich young minds to meet global challenges in development, innovation and application of technology in the service of Humanity. It is one of the best universities for engineering with bachelor and master degree courses divided into five departments–Computer Science Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil & Mechanical Engineering. Every department has Top School of Engineering University in Himachal Pradesh state-of-the-art technologies, modern well-equipped labs, workshops, smart classrooms and well-qualified faculty. The course structure has been designed to give students a proper mix of theory and hands on practice. Our School of Engineering & Technology provides its students with an ambience, which is conducive for acquisition of knowledge and honing of skills. Engineering is central to an exciting range of businesses and industries, including space, construction, transport, cosmetics, medicine, food, fashion and much more.
Dean’s Welcome Message
Welcome to the IEC School of Engineering that offers unique opportunities for innovative education & research. We transform our students into engineers with strong basic knowledge for sound practice in science & engineering. The faculty and staff here are dedicated to providing first rate education that equips our students to apply scientific principles to solve problems for the advancement of mankind. With our goal to offer an education that encourages innovative thinking, develops technical excellence and builds collaboration, communication and leadership skills, IEC School of Engineering offers an experience that is unparalleled. I invite you to become better acquainted with the School of Engineering, where you will discover not only engineering excellence, but also a campus alive with round-the-clock cultural, artistic and intellectual activity.
Dean, School of Engineering
B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
“There are ample of job opportunities in the field of Computer Science & Engineering”.
After the completion of your degree in Computer Science & Engineering, you can work in the field of database management, embedded systems, IT, telecommunication, multimedia, computer hardware & software implementation, computer hardware & software maintenance, gaming, web designing and other related industries.
It is a broad field to work in private and government sector as well.
Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
Hardware Engineers: These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
System Designer: Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
System Analyst: Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
DBA: DBA or Database Administrator are the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization's database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.
B.Tech (Electronics and Communication engineering)
Electronics and Communication engineering is one of the old and the best course in the field of engineering. Electronics and Communication cover vast areas in the field of engineering. Electronics engineering students get hired by companies during campus recruitment or during walk ins conducted directly by companies or by consulting firms. Students can opt for higher studies also. There is a lot of scope for students doing M.S or M.Tech in the field of electronics and communication. Having masters will certainly improve your career prospects and help you get hired by top MNC's. Governments across the globe are spending millions of dollars in this field for research and development. So, scope for doing Ph.D in these fields is a risk worth taking. You will get scholarships and financial aid to do PhD from various government and non government organizations.
Electronics and Communication Products and Solutions are used in various industries across the world. Major Industries which offer Jobs for ECE engineers are:-
- Electronics Circuit Design
- Signal processing
- Wireless Communication
- Optical Communication
- Embedded Systems
- Analog electronics
- Digital electronics
- Power Electronics
- Consumer Electronics
- Solid State Physics
- Control systems
- Mobile Companies
TOP Companies which offer JOBS for ECE engineers are;-
- Texas Instruments
- Samsung Electronics
- LG Electronics
- Bharat Heavy Electrical's Limited (BHEL)
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
Career option after B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
Mechanical engineers work in a diverse market analyzing problems, designing systems, and overseeing the manufacturing process.In order to get into PSU like NTPC, BHEL, GAIL, IOCL, NHPC etc., you need to crack GATE.Mechanical Engineers have great opportunities to Join Government organisations like Ordinance factories, Indian Railways, Irrigation Departments, ISRO, BARC, BIS etc. For A Grade officer in Railways you need to crack IES while ISRO, BARC, BIS take their separate exams.
- Automobile sector jobs
- Design - Computer aided design and analysis related jobs
- Power and Energy related jobs
- Process industry jobs
- Maintenance and servicing related jobs
- Mechatronics - integration of mechanical control, electronics and instrumentation
- Metallurgy sector jobs
- Manufacturing sector jobs
- Industrial engineering related managerial / planning type jobs
- Teaching and training jobs
- IT jobs
- Becoming an entrepreneur
- Store department
- Purchase department
- Planning and control
- Process development
Roles or Job profiles in Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Degree
- Automotive engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Technical sales engineer
- Production Engineering
- Design Engineer
- Mechanical maintenance
Career opportunities after B. Tech ( Civil Engineering)
- Job opportunities in the construction sectors like building construction, road and bridge construction, water treatment plants, water tank, hydropower projects and different structural components of the infrastructures of the industries.
- As development is never ending, hence, the new architectures, aesthetic appearance, modifications and repair of the existing structures must be needed then there can be the career opportunities in the architecture and renovation sector.
- In the construction companies and TCP departments there can be opportunities for working as Design Engineer as well as Architect by the help of the software like Auto CADD, Revit Architecture, STAAD Pro, E TABS, 3D max MX Roads etc.
- The person can opt for his/her business like contractor, Architect etc. who can get work from the public when someone starts new construction. Because they need the drawing and plans of the structure approved from TCP department before the start of construction as per their norms.
- Candidates/ students can get opportunities for working in the Government sectors for the different posts like Assistant Engineers, Junior Engineers apart from the other fields like banking and clerical posts, administrative sectors as it needs just a graduation from any stream.
- PSUs jobs.
- Civil Engineer (Civil Engineering Construction Jobs).
- Construction Engineer.
- Planning, Scheduling and Construction of Project.
- Graduate Executive Trainee
- Civil Engineering Specialist
- Project Engineer
- Lecturer/Assist. Professor
- Executive Manager
- Real Estate Development Jobs
- As academicians and researchers in India and abroad
- As consultants, solutions developers and entrepreneurs
World-wide demand for computing specialists in research labs and technology providers
Career option after B.Tech (Electrical Engineering)
Electrical Engineering is a reputed sector of engineering which involves study of electronics, electricity & electromagnetism with their applications. B.Tech. in electrical engineering can bring you a lucrative career in sectors associated with electronics, electricity, and power transmission and different other sectors related to electricity. As today’s generation is completely based on electrical objects, electrical engineering jobs are infinite & limitless. Also, there are multiple foreign jobs for electrical engineers. There are immense number of production firms in US, Japan, Germany, Korea etc. in relation to that, there are numerous advance education courses post electrical engineering. Read on for the complete knowledge of different jobs available in electrical engineering.
Electrical Engineers can make career in the following industries:-
- Power generation
- Materials and metalsOil and gas
Private Sector Jobs for Electrical Engineers
A graduate in electrical engineering can go for jobs is various IT & electrical companies in India. Opportunities are endless for a knowledgeable degree holder. There are various private sector companies in India which offer thousands of electrical engineering jobs. Following are some of the companies in private sector that hire various skilled electrical engineers:
Electrical Engineers can make career in the following industries:-
- Larsen & Toubro (L & T)
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd
- Siemens IndiaTata Steel
- Tata Motors
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
- Spectrum Power Generation Limited
- HBL Power Systems Limited
There are a lot of other companies which hire electrical engineers. Candidates can go to their respective website to look for the current openings for electrical engineers. Furthermore, electrical engineering pass-outs can go for teaching in private engineering colleges.
Public & Government Sector Electrical Engineering Jobs
There are a lot of career opportunities for electrical engineering degree holders in public & government sector. Fresher electrical engineers can apply for the post of Junior Engineers. And after gaining experience & skills, they can get promotion and can move up to posts of Associate Engineer, Assistant Engineer, and Executive Engineer etc.
Following are some the PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) that recruit electrical engineers:
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Gas Authority of India Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd
- National Fertilizers Limited
- TNational Aluminium Company Limited
- Container Corporation of India Ltd.
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
Following are some of the Government Organizations that recruit electrical graduates:-
- Bharat Dynamics Limited
- Coal India Limited
- Indian Railways
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- NMDC LimitedEngineers India Ltd
Abroad Jobs for Electrical Engineers
There are a large number of employment opportunities for electrical engineers in overseas. This is because of the presence of various manufacturing firms outside India. Electrical Engineers who are specialized in Control & Power Systems can find good opportunities in Japan, Germany, US & Korea. Electrical Design Engineers also can try their luck in multidisciplinary engineering consultancies.
Higher Study after Electrical Engineering
If you are not interested in doing job just after graduation, then you can opt for some higher studies like MBA or M.Tech. in specific field. For admission in MBA, aspirant has to qualify CAT or similar exam. On the other hand if you would like to opt for M.Tech., then the candidate has to score well in GATE. You can also go for job and study simultaneously by opting distance learning. Check out this post on our blog section to know more about MBA in distance learning. After electrical engineering, students can try some job oriented courses or can have short term training to get specialized in the field of interest.
Hope this information will help you to choose your career after completing graduation in electrical engineering. All the best for your bright career!
Career opportunities after M. Tech (Civil Engineering)
- Job opportunities in the teaching profession in both private as well as govt. sectors as a Lecturer, Assistant Professor in addition to the opportunities which are already open after the Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering.
- As it is a research oriented field and new ideas, inventions, developments and researches etc. are happening every day. Hence, it opens the opportunities for the students to work in the research as Research Assistant, Junior Research Fellow etc. which adds values to its teaching profession and improves its indexing in the research area.
- In the construction companies, consultancies, and different PSU’s like NHAI, NHPC, NTPC etc. there can be opportunities for working as Design consultant in the specific field in which you are specialized. There you have to supervise the contractor company which is working on the particular construction project.
Career option after M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering):-
Post graduation in Mechanical engineering is good mainly from academic and industry research perspective.
Jobs after M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Students who possess a postgraduate degree in mechanical engineering or an additional degree in management can find jobs with the managerial or administrative departments of pioneer industries in the private sector. If they choose, it is also possible for them to go for industry research. Other opportunities are:
- Teaching in Engineering Colleges
- Consultant in transportation, logistics and automobile engineering firms
- IT firms like IBM and Wipro take post graduate mechanical engineers in their software division which supports automobile engineering giants like Ford and other heavy machinery manufacturing giants.
- Automobile, piping, power sector
- Fundamental pre-sea training or a program in nautical science to join as navigating officers or marine engineers
Career option after M.Tech in Computer science Engineering:-
There are numerous opportunities for candidates after completing M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering. The candidates can find job opportunities in both private and public sector firms. The candidates can find lot of openings in software sector. The candidates can work in different areas in the software industry. Some of the employment areas for candidates after completing M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering are listed below.
- Computer Software
- Computer Systems Specialist Supervisor
- Computing Hardware Systems Director
- Data Entry Worker
- Data Processing Departmental Manager
- Database Administration
- Disaster Recovery Planners
- EDP Computer Operator
- Embedded software
- Enterprise Architect
- Game Developer
- Hardware Designer
- Healthcare Software
- IT Manager
- IT Support Technician
- Lead Mobile Phone Application Developer
- QA Tester
Career Option after PhD in CSE?
There are so many Job Opportunities after pursuing a Ph.D. It depends you want to go for Academics or wish to work in Corporates or want to continue with your research projects only.
You can apply for the various posts in Universities, Colleges and can get according to the number of experience you have. The available posts are:
- Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Science Engineer
- Manager-Data Science
- Director-Data Science
- Team Leader
- Software Engineer
- Vice President
- Research Analyst
- Director at Data Science
- Research Associate
- Chief Technical Officer
Infrastructure & Facilities
The infrastructure at IEC School of Engineering boasts of well-equipped facilities that allow students maximum advantage during their time in the IEC campus. Students can make the most of amenities like digital library, computer labs, canteen, hostel and transportation to aid their education.
Extensive Digital Library:
Over 30,000 books, 100 journals and magazines on different subjects. Beautifully designed and with a seating capacity to accommodate 200 students has cubicles for faculty and research students Has subsription to national & internationale-journals like IEEE/IEE, springer, ACM, ASCE Emrald Management Xtra through membership of INDEST Consortia of Indian Institute of Technology,Dehli. An active member of Developing Liabrary Network (DELNET) for resource sharing. Photocopying, scanning & printing services within the liabrary building.
250 Pentium IV workstations runnning on Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro, Linux and SCO Unix. All classrooms and offices equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line Classroom and conference room fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN. Computer lab with 600 system for common purpose. All departments using CAD and CAM. Separate computer lab for each school and department with specialised software.
- Multi- cuisine canteen
- Spread over an area of 10,000 square feet
- Can accommodate 400 students
- Modern cooking appliances
Hostel & Transportation:
- Off campus hostel for both boys & girls
- Pick & drop facility
- Fleet of 20 buses
Wi fi Enabled Campus & Modern Classroom:
Ours is a w ifi enabled campus enabling uninterrupted access to high speed internet 24*7.
- Modern classrooms.
- Outfitted with the latest technology
- Spacious classrooms
- Equipped with all the necessary presentation facilities and also have video conferencing facility.
- All classroom and offices are equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line.
- Every classroom and conference room is fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN . Lectures are typically augmentes by multimedia.