School of Engineering - About us
The aim of IEC School of Engineering is to facilitate “ Quality Engineering & Technical Education ” to equip and enrich young minds to meet global challenges in development, innovation and application of technology in the service of Humanity. It is one of the best universities for engineering with bachelor and master degree courses divided into five departments–Computer Science Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil & Mechanical Engineering. Every department has Top School of Engineering University in Himachal Pradesh state-of-the-art technologies, modern well-equipped labs, workshops, smart classrooms and well-qualified faculty. The course structure has been designed to give students a proper mix of theory and hands on practice. Our School of Engineering & Technology provides its students with an ambience, which is conducive for acquisition of knowledge and honing of skills. Engineering is central to an exciting range of businesses and industries, including space, construction, transport, cosmetics, medicine, food, fashion and much more.
Dean’s Welcome Message
Welcome to the IEC School of Engineering that offers unique opportunities for innovative education & research. We transform our students into engineers with strong basic knowledge for sound practice in science & engineering. The faculty and staff here are dedicated to providing first rate education that equips our students to apply scientific principles to solve problems for the advancement of mankind. With our goal to offer an education that encourages innovative thinking, develops technical excellence and builds collaboration, communication and leadership skills, IEC School of Engineering offers an experience that is unparalleled. I invite you to become better acquainted with the School of Engineering, where you will discover not only engineering excellence, but also a campus alive with round-the-clock cultural, artistic and intellectual activity.
Dean, School of Engineering
List of Engineering Courses
IEC University offers both bachelor as well as master degree courses in various departments. Below are all the details about the university courses in engineering.
The fast changing world economy has posed a challenge to the educational institutions to constantly revamp the discourse patterns. At IEC, we strive to gain a competitive edge in this arena. Having recognized the paradigm shift taking place in the management education to meet the aspiration of industry, we conduct the programs adding suitable values to the personality of students. In the Globalization era, when the corporate houses in business management and IT are expanding their wings all over the globe, need arises to produce quality pool which possesses the skill set required by the employers. Keeping this in mind, we at IEC initiated teaching methodology which works towards enhancing the skills of the students, so that they can be the best human resource to match the industry requirements. To do so IEC has adopted latest techniques in teaching methods which includes case studies, practical exercises, corporate guest lectures to fill up the gap between industry and academics, group activities to teach them how to work in team, practical exercises, and individual counseling for addressing their issues related to academics etc. The use of electronic media like PowerPoint presentations, use of internet, e-learning, mobile learning the classrooms helps students to understand the concepts better. Our students are constantly encouraged to do projects, give presentations, visit industries and attend several guest sessions in addition to individual mentoring sessions with the faculties.
- Electronic Media
- Case Studies
- Group Activities
- Industrial Visit
- Individual Counselling
- Corporate Guest Lectures
- Mobile Learning
- Practical Exercise
- Interactive Learning
- Smart Classes
- Research Oriented Teaching
- Foreign University Exchange Programs
- Personality Development Sessions
- Pre Placement Trainings
B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
“There are ample of job opportunities in the field of Computer Science & Engineering”.
After the completion of your degree in Computer Science & Engineering, you can work in the field of database management, embedded systems, IT, telecommunication, multimedia, computer hardware & software implementation, computer hardware & software maintenance, gaming, web designing and other related industries.
It is a broad field to work in private and government sector as well.
Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
Hardware Engineers: These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
System Designer: Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
System Analyst: Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
DBA: DBA or Database Administrator are the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization's database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.
B.Tech (Electronics and Communication engineering)
Electronics and Communication engineering is one of the old and the best course in the field of engineering. Electronics and Communication cover vast areas in the field of engineering. Electronics engineering students get hired by companies during campus recruitment or during walk ins conducted directly by companies or by consulting firms. Students can opt for higher studies also. There is a lot of scope for students doing M.S or M.Tech in the field of electronics and communication. Having masters will certainly improve your career prospects and help you get hired by top MNC's. Governments across the globe are spending millions of dollars in this field for research and development. So, scope for doing Ph.D in these fields is a risk worth taking. You will get scholarships and financial aid to do PhD from various government and non government organizations.
Electronics and Communication Products and Solutions are used in various industries across the world. Major Industries which offer Jobs for ECE engineers are
- Electronics Circuit Design
- Signal processing
- Wireless Communication
- Optical Communication
- Embedded Systems
- Analog electronics
- Digital electronics
- Power Electronics
- Consumer Electronics
- Solid State Physics
- Control systems
- Mobile Companies
TOP Companies which offer JOBS for ECE engineers are
- Texas Instruments
- Samsung Electronics
- Philips Semiconductors
- LG Electronics
- Bharat Heavy Electrical's Limited (BHEL)
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
- Mechanical engineers work in a diverse market analyzing problems, designing systems, and overseeing the manufacturing process.
- In order to get into PSU like NTPC, BHEL, GAIL, IOCL, NHPC etc., you need to crack GATE.
- Mechanical Engineers have great opportunities to Join Government organisations like Ordinance factories, Indian Railways, Irrigation Departments, ISRO, BARC, BIS etc. For A Grade officer in Railways you need to crack IES while ISRO, BARC, BIS take their separate exams.
- Automobile sector jobs
- Design - Computer aided design and analysis related jobs
- Power and Energy related jobs
- Process industry jobs
- Maintenance and servicing related jobs
- Mechatronics - integration of mechanical control, electronics and instrumentation
- Metallurgy sector jobs
- Manufacturing sector jobs
- Industrial engineering related managerial / planning type jobs
- Teaching and training jobs
- IT jobs
- Becoming an entrepreneur
- Store department
- Purchase department
- Planning and control
- Process development
Roles or Job profiles in Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Degree
- Automotive engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Technical sales engineer
- Production Engineering
- Design Engineer
- Mechanical maintenance
B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
- PSUs jobs.
- Civil Engineer (Civil Engineering Construction Jobs).
- Construction Engineer.
- Planning, Scheduling and Construction of Project.
- Graduate Executive Trainee
- Civil Engineering Specialist
- Project Engineer
- Lecturer/Assist. Professor
- Executive Manager
- Real Estate Development Jobs
- As academicians and researchers in India and abroad
- As consultants, solutions developers and entrepreneurs
World-wide demand for computing specialists in research labs and technology providers
B.Tech (Electrical Engineering)
Electrical Engineering is a reputed sector of engineering which involves study of electronics, electricity & electromagnetism with their applications. B.Tech. in electrical engineering can bring you a lucrative career in sectors associated with electronics, electricity, and power transmission and different other sectors related to electricity. As today’s generation is completely based on electrical objects, electrical engineering jobs are infinite & limitless. Also, there are multiple foreign jobs for electrical engineers. There are immense number of production firms in US, Japan, Germany, Korea etc. in relation to that, there are numerous advance education courses post electrical engineering. Read on for the complete knowledge of different jobs available in electrical engineering.
Electrical Engineers can make career in the following industries;
- Power generation
- Materials and metals
- Oil and gas
Private Sector Jobs for Electrical Engineers
A graduate in electrical engineering can go for jobs is various IT & electrical companies in India. Opportunities are endless for a knowledgeable degree holder. There are various private sector companies in India which offer thousands of electrical engineering jobs. Following are some of the companies in private sector that hire various skilled electrical engineers:
- Larsen & Toubro (L & T)
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd
- Siemens India
- Tata Steel
- Tata Motors
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
- Spectrum Power Generation Limited
- HBL Power Systems Limited
There are a lot of other companies which hire electrical engineers. Candidates can go to their respective website to look for the current openings for electrical engineers. Furthermore, electrical engineering pass-outs can go for teaching in private engineering colleges.
Public & Government Sector Electrical Engineering Jobs
There are a lot of career opportunities for electrical engineering degree holders in public & government sector. Fresher electrical engineers can apply for the post of Junior Engineers. And after gaining experience & skills, they can get promotion and can move up to posts of Associate Engineer, Assistant Engineer, and Executive Engineer etc.
Following are some the PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) that recruit electrical engineers:
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Gas Authority of India Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd
- National Fertilizers Limited
- National Aluminium Company Limited
- Container Corporation of India Ltd.
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
Following are some of the Government Organizations that recruit electrical graduates:
- Bharat Dynamics Limited
- Coal India Limited
- Indian Railways
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- NMDC Limited
- Engineers India Ltd
Abroad Jobs for Electrical Engineers
There are a large number of employment opportunities for electrical engineers in overseas. This is because of the presence of various manufacturing firms outside India. Electrical Engineers who are specialized in Control & Power Systems can find good opportunities in Japan, Germany, US & Korea. Electrical Design Engineers also can try their luck in multidisciplinary engineering consultancies.
Higher Study after Electrical Engineering
If you are not interested in doing job just after graduation, then you can opt for some higher studies like MBA or M.Tech. in specific field. For admission in MBA, aspirant has to qualify CAT or similar exam. On the other hand if you would like to opt for M.Tech., then the candidate has to score well in GATE. You can also go for job and study simultaneously by opting distance learning. Check out this post on our blog section to know more about MBA in distance learning. After electrical engineering, students can try some job oriented courses or can have short term training to get specialized in the field of interest.
Hope this information will help you to choose your career after completing graduation in electrical engineering. All the best for your bright career!
Infrastructure & Facilities
The infrastructure at IEC School of Engineering boasts of well-equipped facilities that allow students maximum advantage during their time in the IEC campus. Students can make the most of amenities like digital library, computer labs, canteen, hostel and transportation to aid their education.
Extensive Digital Library:
Over 30,000 books, 100 journals and magazines on different subjects. Beautifully designed and with a seating capacity to accommodate 200 students has cubicles for faculty and research students Has subsription to national & internationale-journals like IEEE/IEE, springer, ACM, ASCE Emrald Management Xtra through membership of INDEST Consortia of Indian Institute of Technology,Dehli. An active member of Developing Liabrary Network (DELNET) for resource sharing. Photocopying, scanning & printing services within the liabrary building.
250 Pentium IV workstations runnning on Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro, Linux and SCO Unix. All classrooms and offices equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line Classroom and conference room fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN. Computer lab with 600 system for common purpose. All departments using CAD and CAM. Separate computer lab for each school and department with specialised software.
- Multi- cuisine canteen
- Spread over an area of 10,000 square feet
- Can accommodate 400 students
- Modern cooking appliances
Hostel & Transportation:
- Off campus hostel for both boys & girls
- Pick & drop facility
- Fleet of 20 buses
Wi fi Enabled Campus & Modern Classroom:
Ours is a w ifi enabled campus enabling uninterrupted access to high speed internet 24*7.
- Modern classrooms.
- Outfitted with the latest technology
- Spacious classrooms
- Equipped with all the necessary presentation facilities and also have video conferencing facility.
- All classroom and offices are equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line.
- Every classroom and conference room is fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN . Lectures are typically augmentes by multimedia.
List of Faculty at IEC University
|Department of Electrical Engineering|
|1||Mr Amit Rajput||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|2||Mr Deepak Makkar||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|3||Mr Rahul Rohilla||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|4||Ms. Upasna||PG||AP||F||Click Here|
|Department of Civil Engineering|
|1||Ms. Manmeet Kaur||PG||AP||F||Click Here|
|2||Ms Suman||UG||AP||F||Click Here|
|3||Ms Shalu Sharma||UG||AP||F||Click Here|
|4||Mr Jeevan Kaushal||UG||AP||M||Click Here|
|5||Mr. Yatendra Singh||UG||AP||M||Click Here|
|6||Mr. Indrajit Narula||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|Department of Computer Science and Engineering|
|1||Mr Randeep Singh||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|2||Ms Geetinder Saini||PG||AP||F||Click Here|
|3||Mr Rohit Choudhary||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|4||Ms Nidhi||PG||AP||F||Click Here|
|5||Ms Divya Uppal||PG||AP||F||Click Here|
|Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|1||Mr Dinesh Kumar Kotary||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|2||Mr Prashant Upadhyay||PG, PhD(P)||AP||M||Click Here|
|3||Mr Satish Kumar||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|4||Ms Shalu Kaundal||PG||AP||F||Click Here|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|1||Mr. Anil Kumar||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|2||Mr Purushotam Kumar||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|3||Mr Rajwant Singh||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|4||Mr. R.K.Tiwari||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|5||Mr. Salman Alvi||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|6||Mr. Nikhil Tatke||PG||AP||M||Click Here|
|7||Mr Raman Kumar||UG||AP||M||Click Here|
IEC School of Engineering organizes various university events for college students. We encourage active involvement in workshops and conferences that promote research and development and engagement in social causes.
Research Papers by Faculty
IEC University has faculty who have established their reputation with great proficiency in their fields of work. They have published seminal works in international journals and have participated in both international & national conferences. IEC faculty have also collaborated with other colleges and institutes across India and have presented papers at their events. Take a look at IEC research papers and other scholarly accomplishments here.
Department of Computer Science & Applications
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “Proposed New Mechanism to Detect and Defend the Malicious Attackers in AODV”, ACSIJ Advances in Computer Science: an International Journal, Volume 2, 2013 – May 2013 Issue, No. 201, (pg 1-6), ISSN : 2322-5157(Iran).
- Neetu Kawatra and Vijay Kumar “EFFECT OF PAUSE TIME AND NODES MOBILTY SPEED ON AODV AND DSR IN MANET”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 10, October-2012, ISSN 2229-5518 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, Ashwani Kush “EFFECT OF MALICIOUS NODES ON AODV IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research ISSN 2278-733X, Vol. 1 Issue 3 October 2012.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “WORM SECURE PROTOCOL FOR WORMHOLE PROTECTION IN AODV ROUTING PROTOCOL”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975–8887) Volume 44 – No.4, April 2012 (USA).
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “DETECTION AND RECOVERY OF MALICIOUS NODE IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering , Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2012, ISSN: 2277 128X. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, “A NEW SCHEME FOR SECURED ON DEMAND ROUTING”, International Institute for Science, Technology and Education ( IISTE), Network and Complex Systems ISSN 2224-610X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0603 (Online) Vol 2, No.2, 2012. (USA)
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma, “BEHAVIORAL STUDY OF DYNAMIC ROUTING PROTOCOLS FOR MANET”, International Journal of Computing and Business Research ISSN (Online): 2229-6166, Volume 2 Issue 2, May 2011 (India).
- Vijay Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, “ANANYTICAL EVALUATION OF PROTOCOLS AODV AND DSR”, JM International Journal of Information Technology, ISSN 2229-6115, Jan 2011. (India)
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “CHARACTERISTICS OF DSR AND AODV IN CONGESTED NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Advances in Modeling, Optimization and computing” held on 5-7 December,2011, at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee India, ISBN 81-86224-71-2.
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Sharma and Ashwani Kush, presented and published a paper titled “KEY AUTHENTICATION FOR MANET SECURITY” in an International Conference on “High Performance Architecture & Grid Computing” held on 19-20 July, 2011 at Chitkara University, Punjab. A. Mantri et al. (Eds.): HPAGC 2011, CCIS 169, pp. 504–511, 2011 © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011.
- Vijay Kumar, Ashwani Kush published a paper titled, “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE AND BANDWIDTH ON MANET ROUTING”, Statistics 2011 Canada, 5th Canadian Conference in Applied Statistics, July 1-4, 2011 Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “EVALUATION OF SECURITY CONCERNS OF MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS” in an International Conference on “Reliability Infocom Technology and Optimization” from 1st November 2010 to 3rd November 2010 at Lingaya’s University, Faridabad.
- Vijay Kumar, Amita Sharma (MCA 4th Sem.) presented and published a paper titled “ Introduction of Digital Signal, at “Futuristic Approach to Ethical Hacking & Network Security: Key Concerns” Sponsored by Director General Higher Education Haryana, held on 11th Febuary2014, at Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri (Kaithal).
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF MOBILITY AREA ON MANET” in National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Computer Industry” on 10th March 2012 at Sanatan Dharma College (Lahore) Ambala Cantt. (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, Rakesh Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF NODE TRANSMISSION RANGE ON MANET ROUTING” ” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Neetu Kawatra, Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “ Analysis of E-Commerce Security Protocols SSL and SET” in National Workshop-Cum-Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and Computing (RTMC) 2011 Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA) on 26th Nov. 2011 at Poornima Group of Institutions, Jaipur (Rajsthan), ISBN 978-93-803118-3-8.
- Vijay Kumar and Ashwani Kush presented and published a paper titled “EFFECT OF PACKET SIZE ON MANET ROUTING” in National Conference on “Mathematics and Computing RTMC’ 11” on 21st May 2011 at The Technology Institute of Textile & Sciences Bhiwani, (Haryana).
- Bharat Bhushan and Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “NETWORK SIMULATORS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “PROSPECTUS OF IT: 2020” from 14 September 2010 to 15 September, 2010 at Hindu Girls College, Jagadhari (Haryana).
- Vijay Kumar, presented and published a paper titled “MANET SECURITY ANALYSIS” in a UGC SPONSORORED National Conference on “Emerging Trends In Information Technology” August 28th, 2010 at DOABA College, Jalandhar (Punjab).
- Vijay Kumar presented and published a paper titled “A REVIEW OF ADHOC NETWORK SECURITY PROTOCOLS”, in a National Conference from 25th June to 26th June, 2010 at Vaish College of Engineering, Rohtak.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology & Statistical Analysis in Collaboration with IBM”, at Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradub – Uttranchal, 21st to 23rd June 2012.
- Attended Three Days Workshop on “Network Simulation using NS2”, at Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Kochi – Kerla, 26th to 28th April 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)”, at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pardesh, 12th to 13th Febuary 2011.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on “Wireless Networks & NS2 Training”, at Meenakshi College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 3rd to 4th December, 2010.
- Attended Short Course on “OFDM Based Next Generation Wireless Standards”, at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pardesh, 17th to 19th May, 2010.
- Attended National Workshop on “Emerging Machine Learning Techniques In Bioinformatics”, at National Diary Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana, 17th to 19th December, 2009.
School of Business Management
IEC University Baddi (H.P).
- Paper Published in Indian Journal of Management Science (ISSN: 2249-0280, EISSN: 2231-279X, Impact Factor (GIF): 0.376) on “Ground breaking actions in the organizations” in Jan. 2014, Volume IV, Issue– 1.
- Paper Presented in National Seminar on Gender Sensitization on Legal Rights of Women on Topic “Domestic Brutality: Wickedness” held in GMN (PG) College, Ambala Cantt on 26-27th March 2010.
- Paper Presented in National Conference on Service Management NCSM’ 09 on Topic “E-Commerce & Service Industry: Next of Kin” held in Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management & Technology, Jagadhri on 9th May 2009.
- Participated in two day Workshop on Alternative Therapies- Yoga and Naturopathy for Complete Health held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 19th to 20th April. 2008.
- Participated in International Seminar on 1857 in Literary Imagination (UGC Sponsored) held in D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar from 22nd to 24th Dec. 2007.